It’s the night before Halloween! Are you ready? If you’re reading this, then you’re probably not. I don’t know about you, but I’m not the kind of person who plans their costumes weeks (or months) in advance. So, let’s hurry up and get to the last minute Halloween tips!
- Choose a costume that’s not too detailed, especially if you don’t have a lot of time. Which you don’t.
- Of course you can hit up major retailers, party stores, or Halloween costume stores for your look. But, the odds of you finding something decent are pretty low (but not always impossible). In my opinion, I’d save these stores for makeup and accessories.
- Rework an old costume. Were you a cheerleader last year? Make it a zombie or scary version this year.
- Ask your family and friends if they have an old costume you can borrow.
- You can even head over to the closest thrift store and look for something to create. Maybe you can DIY Mary Poppins, Zombie Prom Queen, Frida Kahlo, or Marilyn Monroe.
- Click on over to YouTube and search for “last minute costume ideas” for inspiration.
- Run over to your nearest neighborhood drugstore for any Halloween makeup, when you can’t get your hands on the professional stuff. More than likely you will find the prepackaged stuff.
- Don’t forget to grab a package of makeup remover wipes while you’re at the drugstore. That will come in handy at the end of the night. Neutrogena Makeup Removing Cleansing Towelettes are a personal favorite.
- Make sure you search your own makeup collection. There are tons of your own personal products that can be used to create different looks.
- Check out “Halloween makeup tutorials” on YouTube for help.
- Raid the back of your (or a friends) closet for any costume accessories you might need. From shoes, scarves, hats, to belts. You never know what you’ll find.
- Halloween costume stores and thrift stores should have lots of accessories to choose from.